TAKE THE NEXT STEP.
The Controller will focus on building a world-class and scalable accounting function at Acquisition.com. They will also support and help implement accounting and finance best practices at the portfolio level to help them scale and provide us with more visibility. This person will work closely with the CFO, providing both tactical and strategic support to ensure all financial operations are efficient, compliant, and accurate. A successful controller will maintain a strong understanding of businesses' overall operations and areas of risk, while weighing those risks against company priorities.
- Help drive automation, operational and accounting processes, and best practices to help holding company and portfolio companies scale
- Lead all accounting and finance interactions including distributions, monthly financial reporting, and initiatives to drive better reporting and accounting procedures at the portfolio company level
- Oversee accounting staff and be a thought partner to portfolio company finance teams and Executives
- Implementation of appropriate financial controls in order to ensure compliance with accepted accounting processes and legal requirements
- Responsible for budgeting, financial data analysis, record-keeping, and financial reporting to senior financial management
- Responsible for the monthly, quarterly, and annual closing process.
- Develop and validate all financial controls and procedures within the business, ensuring the adequate maintenance of proper policies and procedures in the areas of finance, accounting, and tax in order to maintain suitable internal controls that lead to complete, accurate, and timely financial reporting
- Help guide the company to getting “Audit Ready” and manage all the appropriate reporting to external stakeholders
- Build and develop SOPs and documentation around accounting and operational policies and practices within the financial department and strives to drive continuous improvement in all financial matters
- Establish and implement accounting procedures and policies in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and applicable local, state and federal laws (including international)
- Analyze, recommend, and implement necessary improvements across the finance landscape of the businesses in order to ensure the integrity
- Generate periodical consolidated financial reporting that is timely, accurate, and usable by the business in assessing its financial position at both the holding company and portfolio level
- Prepare budget to actual reporting and discuss with CFO and Department leaders
- Maintain accurate cash forecast
- Review financial issues that directly impact the business’s financials inclusive of the businesses' expenses that have to be reimbursed to the businesses and all deductible and non-deductible tax items
- Under the direction of the CFO, analyze the financial impact of major business operational issues and decisions affecting the business and delivering timely reports as requested
- Perform and direct treasury functions within the business specifically including banking relationships and management
- We will look to you to execute and troubleshoot payroll functions (mostly automatic with our PEO provider).
- Review accounting entries on a regular basis in order to ensure that there is accuracy and timeliness, maintaining a strict confidentiality of operational, financial, and business information
- Work hand-in-hand with senior management and the executive team to uncover potentially adverse finance issues early enough to react
- Support CFO with external Financial requests such as auditors, CPAs, insurance brokers, merchant processors and more
- Support the companies’ goals with coordination, planning and follow up of key changes, working alongside stakeholder management
- Comply with local, state, and federal government (including International as applicable) reporting requirements and tax filings
- Maintains knowledge and awareness across the finance department
- Financial statements and reporting is complete and delivered in a timely manner to the Executive Team and all other stakeholders
- Implementation of best in class documentation and accounting procedures and controls
- Automation and best practices implemented to drive better quality, visibility and access to financials at both the holding company and portfolio company
- Finance department operates in an accurate, efficient and professional manner
- Annual budget and forecasts are produced and managed at all times
- All accounting functions are achieved at desired intervals
- The Company is compliant with all Financial legal and regulatory requirements, and all record keeping meets the requirements of applicable auditors and government agencies
- Executive Team and other stakeholders has access to up to date and accurate financial information at all times
- Budget to actual reports are prepared and communicated to departments and senior leaders
- All projects/activities are managed and up to date in Asana
- Bachelor's degree and/or Masters in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- 6+ years of progressively responsible experience in SAAS, high-growth service companies, and/or an investment firm
- Demonstrated track record of developing accounting department policies, procedures, and documentation,
- 3+ years of public audit experience
- Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations
- Experience working within varying CRMs and/or ERPs with a preference for Quickbooks Online automation and reporting, Intacct, or any other cloud accounting software programs
- Reasonable knowledge of tax policies / requirements as they apply to Finance and Accounting
- Venture capital-backed, family office, and/or private equity-backed companies experience preferred
- Entrepreneurial mindset with desire to partner with all departments
- Previous management experience
- High level of written and oral communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Comfortable collaborating with other teammates to create new processes and/or streamline existing ones
- Experience partnering with third parties used for outsourcing (i.e. Legal, Tax, Accounting)
- Experience working with and/or managing multiple entities
- Experience scaling for rapid-growth companies is a plus.
- $120,000 - $140,000 + bonus
- Acquisition.com believes great people are at the center of every successful business.
- Medical, Vision, Dental Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) with employer match
- Fully remote working environment
ACQUISITION.COM CORE VALUES
Our core values are the heart and soul of this incredible company. The right person for this role will appreciate each of these values, personally subscribe to them, and understand why each is critical to having a great business.
Be at your best when your best is needed. Enjoyment of a hard challenge. Those who have the drive to constantly improve, the superior intellect and long term commitment to see incremental improvements become compounding returns.
Have the self awareness to accurately perceive and communicate hard truths that improve others and self, the courage to do so, and the humility to accept them, even when it hurts. Nothing great can be built without feedback: internally or externally.
Be the type of person with whom people are always proud to associate, personally and professionally. We look for true alignment of thoughts, words, and actions towards a goal worth pursuing.