TAKE THE NEXT STEP.
This role will be directly working for a Portfolio Company. The Director of Marketing will plan, direct and coordinate all the company’s Marketing operations, from strategy and research to planning, execution and analysis. This person develops marketing strategy by studying economic indicators; tracking changes in supply and demand; identifying customers and their current and future needs; monitoring the competition.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, knowledgeable leader who understands the ins and outs of marketing strategy, analysis, campaign execution across several platforms (both traditional and digital), and staff management. This person should be proactive, innovative and passionate about what the company has to offer.
- Support business objectives, lead acquisition, and advance brand building
- Lead the marketing team to develop digital and traditional marketing campaigns across multiple platforms and oversee/ensure their successful deployment
- Offer expert advice to develop innovative advertising, public relations, social media and events
- Influence the marketing team to think outside the box, and to creatively devise and lead cross-channel marketing campaigns that engage, educate, and motivate
- Maintain a research database by identifying and assembling marketing information
- Contribute to marketing effectiveness by identifying issues that must be addressed
- Recommend options and courses of action; implementing directives based off emerging marketing trends
- Determine which advertising platforms should be leveraged based campaign goals, audience, and ROI
- Determine company presence at conventions, annual meetings, trade associations, seminars, etc.
- Determine hiring and internal positions needed to further grow the Marketing Team in house and scale online presence and market awareness
- Liaise with creative teams, internal stakeholders, external agencies, and vendors as necessary.
- Communicate weekly with leadership (Sales, Finance) to ensure all departments work congruently toward a common goal and that marketing strategy is communicated
- Develop and implement marketing plans, including promotional calendars and programs, new product introductions and other marketing projects
- Oversee social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition
- Leadership team is provided short- and long-term market forecasts and reports by directing market research collection, analysis, and interpretation of market data
- Strategic relationships and partnerships are facilitated with key industry players, agencies, and vendors
- Seamless transition among projects of varying scale, audience, format and distribution channel
- Marketing department operational requirements are completed via scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Performance of marketing campaigns is measured and reported to leadership team; team and company goals are assessed based on data
- Marketing department budget is developed (with Finance) and managed properly
- Brand presence and acquisition process is scaled across multiple platforms including Facebook, Google, YouTube, Instagram, Company Websites, etc…
- Setting up a customer relationship management system. This would involve implementing a CRM platform, customizing it to meet company’s specific needs, and automating various processes to improve sales, efficiency and productivity.
- Build a video sales letter for company. Create a high-quality, effective video that persuades viewers to take the desired action and helps drive business growth.
- 8+ years experience in Marketing and Advertising
- Ability to align marketing strategy with the vision of the leadership team and company values
- Strong knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, NetInsight, Omniture, WebTrends)
- Excellent numerical skills, including utilization of metrics and processing figures with spreadsheets
- Experience working with common digital advertising platforms such as Google AdWords/Display Network, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Experience working in a startup environment and building a team/department
- General “good taste,” including an innate sense of aesthetics, a love for great copy, and a creative, witty style of communication
- Must be a pro at communication with extreme attention to detail
- Ability to present concepts in new ways and from new perspectives
- Ability to coordinate and communicate across all departments
- Self-directed and able to work closely with high performance team
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency to drive the marketing efforts forward
- $100,000 - $120,000