TAKE THE NEXT STEP.
This role will be directly working for a Portfolio Company. This role is for an exceptional leader who will oversee the middle ground between Customer Success and business development. The ideal candidate will be an experienced, knowledgeable leader who understands the ins and outs of customer success and will manage the customer success team in a way that combines the customers’ goals with the business’s goals to form a cohesive, data-led, and customer-informed process.
As the Manager of Customer Success, you are responsible for the growth of our coaching programs and any other add-on memberships and/or events we offer. This includes ascending current clients and developing customer relationships that promote retention, referrals, reactivations, and upsells / cross-sells. Your job is to work closely with coaching customers to ensure they are satisfied with the services they receive and to improve upon areas of dissatisfaction with the help of the Customer Success team.
You will hire, onboard, train and lead any and all Customer Success Managers (CSM) that make up your team. They will report to you directly and will maintain weekly 1:1’s, stats reporting, and troubleshooting.
Accurate tracking and reporting is a major part of this role as you will be expected to report on key metrics weekly to the Senior Director of Operations and take necessary action to improve each metric. You are one of the client's main POC at the company and therefore you are expected to maintain an enthusiastic “can do” attitude at all times when customer facing but also know when to push back and kindly explain why something cannot be done (such as a refund request) and protect the company when deemed necessary.
To be a successful Manager of Customer Success, one must excel at sales, leadership, cross-departmental communication, organization, collaborating with others to drive best practices, working directly with clients to achieve success, communicating with clients and teammates, and identifying opportunities for product expansion with clients.
This role combines the big picture overall implementor skills with the ability to understand and participate in the tactical day to day execution so that you can truly understand how to coach and develop others to successfully implement.
- Provide management to staff and leadership to the organization that aligns with the company’s business plan and overall strategic vision.
- Set challenging and realistic goals and metrics for growth, performance, and profitability for the company within the Customer Success Department.
- Provide weekly, accurate and timely reports outlining the operational condition of the coaching customers and Customer Success departmental metrics.
- Analyze data and results to guide product and customer success improvements.
- Identify opportunities for onboarding efficiency, account expansion and revenue creation within our customer base.
- Work closely with the leadership team to create, implement and roll out plans for operational processes, internal infrastructures, reporting systems and company policies all designed to foster growth, profitably and efficiencies within the company, specifically for the Customer Success department.
- Advise our customers on how to improve their overall performance and increase their return on investment.
- This also means understanding and having full comprehension of the customer success and sales strategies our clients are implementing and how those align with what the company offers.
- Quickly identify gaps in our product that impact the success of our customers and communicate those to the Senior Director of Operations on your weekly 1-1’s.
- Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coaching, development and retention / upsell of your company client roster
- To ensure productivity and effectiveness of the Director-level role, your client roster will likely cap at 35 clients;
- Proactively reach out to each of your assigned clients 1x per week, at minimum, via our member portal (SKOOL) for private check-ins
- Weekly, detailed, documentation on progress of each client (and their team) in their client file inside of our project management software (Monday.com). Documentation should include, but not be limited to, their membership tracker which illustrates what the client implemented the week prior, their “win” for the prior week, what their “Top 3” are for the week and which coaching call you recommend they attend to address their most current challenge(s).
- Serve as an “Expert” Customer Success (Fulfillment) Coach on group coaching calls 2-3x per month
- Meet / exceed Engagement KPI weekly (this leads to client retention, referrals and upsells)
- Meet / exceed a 30% Retention quarterly
- Meet / exceed $8,500 per CSM Upsell quarterly
- Meet / exceed 1 referral per CSM quarterly
- Ensure weekly member touchpoints are completed by CSMs and that they are reporting a minimum of 70% engagement; If not obtaining 70% engagement, troubleshoot.
- Provide a weekly, detailed, department report to the Senior Director of Operations.
- 3+ years of manager-level leadership experience.
- Able to self-direct, motivate, and manage your time effectively.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relationships with customers and teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both with customers and cross-departmentally.
- Ability to communicate changes, recommendations and strategies to senior leadership effectively.
- Ability to learn quickly and execute at a high level with both speed and accuracy.
- Experience creating, improving upon and delivering against KPIs and SOPs.
- Able to handle difficult conversations regarding upset customers and de-escalate those situations.
- Comfortable and confident building and nurturing remote teams.
- $100,000 to $110,000 Base + Bonus